Your cart is currently empty!
Azteco How To Guide
You’re too afraid to ask, but I can read your self-conscious mind… so here’s the “Azteco How To Guide”. Once you’ve read this, you will not have any questions and you will be elevated to an ascended master.
Let’s first explain a bit about Azteco. Azteco is a company that handles the creation and redemption of closed loop gift cards that are redeemed for bitcoin. Azteco does not sell these vouchers directly to end users, as the vouchers are sold through Azteco merchants.
One of the big benefits of acquiring bitcoin via these vouchers is that these Azteco vouchers are both easy and ethical ways to buy bitcoin. For example, on this website, you can add vouchers to your cart and make a payment via BTC or credit card. Once the order is processed, the gift card is emailed it to the user. It’s really that simple but here is a step by step breakdown.
- Orange Label accepts both BTC and Credit Card. In my opinion, one of the best ways to pay for these vouchers is with something like Strike, which allows users to pay BTC invoices with dollars from their bank account. If you don’t do that, then you would have to find some other creative way to turn your dollars into BTC to buy the vouchers. If using credit card, there’s an additional processing fee because the fiat trad financial system was built on rent seekers.
- Head over to the shop and add a gift card to the cart. BTW There are limits to how many vouchers you can purchase at a time. In the US you can only purchase up to $10,000 of gift cards or vouchers per day.
- Next is proceed to checkout. In the billing screen you will see MANY billing info fields. The only important field is the EMAIL address. The rest is not necessary but I can’t figure out how to hide them in WordPress. If you don’t put the right email address then you are rekt. How will I send you the voucher?
- Checkout with Credit Card or BTCPay Server. If BTCPay Server a new screen will load up with the invoice.
- COMMISSIONS & FEES: There is a 5% commission on each gift card and an included network fee. The network fee is calculated based on the mempool depth at the time the gift card is purchased so it will vary. Example: You purchase a $100 voucher, you will receive ~$93 of bitcoin. $100 – ($5 commission + ~$2 network fee).
- The vouchers are locked into the amount of BTC they are worth at the moment I create them, not the moment you checkout. Don’t try to time a voucher purchase on the minute chart, I am not that fast.
- If using BTC for payment, once the transaction has received 1 confirmation, you will receive an email thanking you for the order. If using CC it is processed immediately.
- I will then get notified and manually create the voucher and email it to you. Please allow up to 24 hours to fulfill the order. I’ll send you an email with links to view and download vouchers.
- Redeem the vouchers. You can redeem gift cards 2 ways:
- Go to Azte.co enter your 16 digit code which is on the voucher AND a Bitcoin deposit address and click redeem. It will be written to mempool and soon hit your wallet.
- Open Blue Wallet and scan the QR code on the voucher. The TX will be redeemed to your selected Blue Wallet.
- PLEASE NOTE: Gift card redemption time varies based on the Bitcoin mempool. For example, if you redeem a gift card and the mempool is suddenly slammed with many new transactions, there could be a delay in the amount of time it takes for your transaction to clear. I have seen it take more than 24 hours for transactions to clear, so do not be alarmed. They will get confirmed!
- Now you have ethical bitcoin. Consider NOT mingling it with your doxxed stash of BTC and learn about UTXO management.
That sums it up. I am sure this could ve written better but I have not proofread it. Thanks for reading.